U SPORTS TOP 10 TUESDAY (#14): The final poll of 2017 is the 50th straight Top Ten that has the UBC Okanagan Heat women's volleyball in the polls. The Heat volleyball teams open 2018 with matches at home against the University of Alberta.
UBC Okanagan women's volleyball stats and the U Sports Top Ten coaches poll - First seven years:
- Have been ranked in the U Sports Top Ten for 50 straight rankings (Last time not in the Top Ten: Feb. 11, 2014)
- From Nov. 11, 2014 - Nov. 22, 2016 ranked top three in the U Sports for 27 straight rankings
- there have been 91 Top Ten women's volleyball polls since UBC Okanagan started U Sports competition (Fall 2011)
- Heat women's volleyball have been ranked in 68 of those Top Tens (75%)
- Have been ranked (No. 1) 10 times (11%)
- Have been ranked Top 2: 16 times (18%)
- Have been ranked Top 3: 30 times (33%)
- Have been ranked Top 4: 37 times (41%)
- Have been ranked Top 5: 40 times (44%)
Posted on December 5, 2017.
TORONTO (U SPORTS) – The Manitoba Bisons have reached their first No.1 ranking in women's hockey program history in the final Top 10 Tuesday of 2017.
The Bisons (12-4-0) claimed the pole position after splitting a weekend set at then No.2-ranked UBC at home, including a 2-1 overtime win on Saturday. Alberta, who held the top spot the last three weeks, also split a home-and-home series with Mount Royal, winning 3-1 Friday before falling 4-0 on Saturday.
In other U SPORTS rankings, Carleton (men's basketball), Acadia (women's basketball), Alberta (men's hockey), UBC (men's and women's swimming), Trinity Western (men's volleyball) and Montreal (women's volleyball) all remain national leaders heading into the holiday break.
Top 10 Tuesday rankings will resume on Jan. 9, 2018.
|Other teams receiving votes: Laval (19), Toronto (13), Acadia (12), Mount Royal (4)|
|Honourable mention: Ryerson (+0.36), Saskatchewan (+0.28), UBC Okanagan (+0.01)|
Note: Men's volleyball Top 10 is determined by the Volleyball Ranking System (VRS). Teams are ranked via the VRS #, their average sets won differential.
Rankings available here.
|Other teams receiving votes: Acadia (21), Laval (2)|
|Other teams receiving votes: Calgary (76), McMaster (52)|