After winning the second event, Trowman followed that success up at the Northview Golf and Country Club by shooting a 2-over (74) to hold off UBC's Jue Wen by a stroke for the win. The Heat's rookie golfer, Kendra Jones-Monk, fired a (77) to finish in third place. With two of the top three finishers, the Heat women's squad won the fourth event by four strokes (230) over the host Thunderbirds (234).
Women's golf highlights
- The Heat women captured their first tournament win, in four tries, on Thursday in Surrey at the Northview Golf and Country Club.
- On Wednesday, in the third event of the season, the UBCO women finished in third place, six shots off the pace (242), at the Sandpiper Golf Course in Harrison Mills, BC, while the Thunderbirds won the, shooting (236) on for their third in a row. Host UFV finished second (241).
- At the halfway point in the fall portion of the BC Rivalry Series the team scoring has the Heat (8) in second three points behind the leader, UBC (11), and three points ahead of the third-place Cascades (5).
- Kayleigh Trowman is the only women's golfer to have more than one win in the series. Both of her victories were by just one stroke. Trowman's Wednesday round of 82 was good for T-9th.
- Trowman has a comfortable lead in the OOM on the women's side with 320 points.
- Vernon's Kendra Jones-Monk continues to improve and impress in her first season. On Wednesday she fires a team-low (77) good for third place. Mirroring her Wednesday's scores, Jones-Monk once again shot a +5 (77) and a third-place spot on the leaderboard on Thursday.
- Jones-Monk's 37 on the front nine at Sandpiper was the low-mark at the turn on Wednesday. She now sits T-4th in the OOM standings with 210 points.
- Sam Copeland improved on her +10 (82) on Wednesday by firing a +7 (79) on Thursday. She used a pair of birdies on the back nine of the Northview Golf and Country Club to shoot a day best 36 over that stretch. Copeland is third on the Heat with 177.5 points for the OOM.
- Rebecca Reitsma continued her steady play, she shot an (81) and then an (82) respectively over the two days, and has 167.5 points in the OOM standings.
The same three teams continue the BC Rivalry Series next Wednesday and Thursday. On October 21, they're back at Northview to play the Ridge course, the next day, the sixth event will be held at Mayfair Lakes in Richmond.