The Heat men's volleyball team will try and take advantage of a favourable home schedule to navigate the 2019-20 Canada West season.
With three straight seasons of placing a player on the conference all-rookie team, head coach Brad Hudson's squad is primed for a post-season push in 2020.
The Heat will open their season at home against the Alberta Golden Bears. The Bears will be looking for a 20th straight trip to a national championship. The home opener is slated for Friday, October 25.
This season, on Friday night home court matches, the action will start at 8 p.m. In an effort to be more family friendly, the Saturday matches will see a 6 p.m. first serve. An hour earlier than previous years.
For fans looking to watch every conference game, 2019-20 Canada West TV passes are now on sale, with the best early-bird pricing available until the end of June. An all-access pass ($79.99), or a volleyball sport pass ($31.99), can be purchased by clicking here.
The final regular season matches will be on the road. Calgary will host UBCO for a weekend series February 14-15, a week before the playoffs are scheduled to start.
The Canada West postseason will span three weeks before crowning a conference champion on March 7. The quarterfinals run February 21-23, and the semi-finals are set for Feb. 28 – Mar. 1.
The U SPORTS national championship will be hosted by the University of Manitoba from March 12-15.
Important Dates and Notes:
- October 18 – CW season opens for the league. Heat men have the Regina bye that weekend.
- October 25 - Home opener versus Alberta.
- November 16 - Final home match of first half of season against Saskatchewan.
- January 10 - Open 2020 at home versus Winnipeg.
- January 24-25 - Presidents Cup rivalry at TRU - in Kamloops.
- February 7 - Host sister-school rival UBC.
- February 8 – Senior players night at the final Heat home match vs UBC.
- Every UBCO road match will be against a 2018/19 playoff team.